|< Previous||Next >|
The top ten trends of Fall 2012 with Lilly Pulitzer and The Pink Pelican
Good morning Lilly Lovers! We had a BUSY weekend with our Summer Sale, our Lifeguard Press event AND tax-free weekend. We loved helping so many Lilly Lovers get back to school colorfully. And yes, moms need back to school treats just as much, if not more, than the kids! Our Summer Sale is still going on (email amy(@)thepinkpelican.com for details on our in-store sale) but today we admit it, we've fallen in love with the Lilly Pulitzer Fall 2012 Collection. These pieces wear WOW and later.
The Pelican Girls love their Lilly for many, many reasons: the colors, the styles, the history, the fit, the fashion, the sense of fun--so so MANY reasons. Our biggest reason to love Lilly may be this: it's a classic. No matter where you go, Lilly is always a classic and always in style. This season, more than ever perhaps, Lilly is a modern classic with pieces that nod to the latest fashion trends but retain the Lilly integrity that will keep these pieces in your closet for seasons, and years to come.
The Lilly Girl doesn't bow to trends: she makes them her own while remaining pretty, preppy and Pulitzer. Here's how Lilly plays pretty with the Top Ten Trends of Fall 2012.
1. The Colored Blazer: the Lilly Pulitzer Leighton Blazer is a favorite for fall. It features a fabulous fit, colors that are so BRIGHT now and lovely Lilly lining. You'll reach for it again and again. The only tough part of this piece? Which colors to choose!
2. Prints that talk: Lilly always used to ask her ladies if they wanted their prints wild or mild and that is still part of the Lilly love. Some prints whisper and some may talk a little louder but they all say something. Which fall prints speak to you?
3. Color blocking: we love color blocking at The Pink Pelican. Whether you buy a piece that features the blocking built-in, like the Lilly Pulitzer Elsa Colorblocked or create your own custom colorblock combo with colored jeans and a bright blazer, Lilly makes it easy to be bright and bold.
4. Mix your prints: The fall colors play perfectly, and prettily together in most of the prints. Again, be mild or wild. Lilly makes it easy to be a mix master. If you prefer a mild mix, pair Bright Navy Bocce with True Navy Don't Give Me Lip. Want to make your mix louder? Pair Multi Wild Confetti with Hollyhock Gigi or Hollyhock Pocket Full of Posies.
5. One-of-a-kind Lace: Nobody does lace like Lilly. This season's two-tone lace came from Paris so it certainly has that je ne sais quoi and has us all exclaiming: Ooh La La Lilly!
6. Luxorious Layers: temps may still be too high for you to "fall" head over heels for this trend but we all know: Lilly loves layers. Start flirting with this fall trend by layering tanks with a Murfee Scarf and work your way up to luxe knits, cozy cashmere and bright blazers.
7. Bright bottoms: colored jeans provide a flawless foundation for any of your fall fashions. Wear them with printed tops, pair them with anything but boring black or go bold with a pop of a contrasting color. The colored jean should be a closet staple.
8. Dolman Sleeves: Dolman Sleeves are delightful. Dolman sleeves are much wider at the armhole and taper at the wrist providing a comfy chic look and a flattering fit.
9. Textured Sweater Dresses: at The Pink Pelican, we fell head over heels for the Helena Sweater Dress and are glad to see it back in more colors this year. Textured knits are comfy, flattering and easy to wear. Start fall with the lightweight Lilly Pulitzer Kinley Dress.
10. Just add sequins: who doesn't love to sparkle? Sometimes a little, or a lot, of bling is just the thing. For fall, Lilly shines brighter than ever. Dress up to make a statement in the Lilly Pulitzer Lucy Dress.
The Pelican Girls want to know: which of these top ten trends tops YOUR wish list?